Finding Something To Do - Then DOING It.

"Crazy people who are productive are geniuses. Crazy people who are rich are eccentric. But crazy people who are neither productive nor rich are just crazy." -anonymous

My days of youtube, dramas, and sitcom watching are about to meet their near-end. Or as the mathematicians may say: approaching zero with the implication that it will never meet zero. Of course, I can't just throw all those habits away. They're addicting for a reason! -But in moderation, Kim! Moderation!- Work, School, home, naps, and staring into my laptop have been my daily activities. What kind of life is this? No more, I say!

Do some of you suffer from the same thing? For those who feel my pain, maybe we can embark on this journey of productivity together :)

About Me

My photo
Born in the year of the goat; I am like a goat, and I travel through life towards a journey that'll one day bring me home. Towards an unknown place of innate comfortability and peace.

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Dough failure turns into dough-licious!!!

Was the title of this kind of lame?? :X At this time I was already home for the summer. It was a clear day and night so I wanted to have a little bbq in my backyard. The guest list was full. Though a couple more staggered in from word of mouth.
So this assortment of deliciousness spouted from a failing pastry moment. Unlike regular cooking, baking is extremely precise in recipe and direction! I probably failed at both when attempting to make this recipe for burger buns. I was planning to have a bbq with homemade buns for a mushroom burger stuffed with cheddar cheese inside the patty. Everything came out well except the one component that makes it a burger: The bun. Instead of baking into a risen fluffy roll, it resembled something like a spherical rock. You could probably skip it in a river. So yeah- that was a fail. To keep it short, my bun failed to rise. I was upset. I wanted to cry. I wanted to tell my little sister and ex boyfriend that the event was canceled! But we just settled for store bought bread that night. I'll try to be a bit more patient next time.
A couple days after that devastating moment, I regained my composure and accepted the defeat to come up with something to make out of this left over dough. I had no choice but to face it. Plus my mom would have smacked me if I wasted it. 
My little sister and I managed to come up with quite a few treats. We had a ham and cheese pizza, pretzels, stuffed hotpockets, and cinnamon twisties. Not bad, not bad.
There is no real recipe here. Just the one I linked above. Note: That following the above recipe will NOT get you to this assortment.
This can only be achieved if you:
1) Have never made dough before
2) Ran out of flour
3) Had to substitute a bit of dumpling flour for all purpose flour
4) Did not follow directions well

1 comment: